White wine tasting in Bilbao on Tuesday 13th June
On the 13th June at 19:00 we will be hosting another wine tasting session available for all students of our Spanish courses, teachers and friends that would like to join.
If you are visiting Bilbao as a tourist, feel free to get in touch with us and we will reserve you a place so that you can learn more about wine.
This time we will be sampling white wines, all from different geographical areas of Spain and all made from different varieties of grape.
These are the wines that we will sample:
- Vega Medina: D.O Rioja. 100% from the Viura grape variety. A transparent and fruity wine which is very characteristic of white wines from the Rioja region.
- Domine 2014: D.O Rueda. A fabulous wine from the Thesaurus winery made from Sauvignon Blanc and Verdejo grapes. Fermented in cold surroundings, it has intense notes of tropical fruits, figs and hint of aniseed. It is a fresh wine with a slightly bitter after taste characteristic of the Verdejo grape.
- Alceño: D.O Jumilla. It is a young wine, with a glowing yellow colour and intense aromas of Mediterranean fruits. It is made from white grapes of the Macabeo and Airén varieties attained from the high reaches of Murcia that overall produce a balanced, fresh flavour.
During the course we will learn the best techniques to sample wine, how to serve it, what glasses to use and on top of all that we will be learning new Spanish vocabulary throughout the evening.
It is a cultural activity directed primarily at our students, but others are welcome.
We look forward to seeing you on 13th June for this insightful and enjoyable wine tasting that we have planned.
- Cultural and leisure activities for Spanish students in Bilbao: July 2017
- 5 motives to learn Spanish if you are over 50
- A day in the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao
- Visit Guernica with Spanish courses in Bilbao
- Special Offer: Spanish courses in Bilbao for school groups
- Visit to the Getxo Aquarium with our Spanish courses