Contributions to the world of Spanish teaching
Hola! My name is Sandra Molina and I have a degree in English Philology and Linguistics. I have always loved languages and decided to embark upon the adventure that is the course for teachers of Spanish because I thought to myself: what can be better than teaching the language that I know best? In addition, teaching foreign languages is a discipline that has been gaining more and more importance over the last few decades.
This course has helped me to reflect about teaching Spanish as a foreign language, as well as the recourses that are used in class and the processes that facilitate communication in the four main skill areas.
Regarding the methodology, I chose the communicative approach, since my objective will always be that my students reach a full communicative competency, take an active role in their learning and do exercises that mimic real life as closely as possible. I think activities that entail a more realistic level of communication promote a better and faster learning process.
When the student tries to speak without having prepared what he or she is going to say, he/she will be able to check their progress, optimising their learning to the maximum and, as a teacher, I always value such attempts to make contributions in class positively. I would like to conclude by saying that I hope that all my students continue to use this communicative approach – I certainly always do!
Best wishes to all those taking courses with Instituto Hemingway.
Write a comment
- Spanish courses and wine tasting: activity in Bilbao on Thursday, May 26, 2022
- Spanish course students in Bilbao await the arrival of RosalÃa!
- Spanish course and wine tasting in Bilbao: Wednesday 18th of May 2022
- Students of Spanish courses get to know processions
- WINE TASTING with Spanish courses: Wednesday 13 April 2022 7:30 p.m.
- WINE TASTING with Spanish courses : Thursday 24 March 2022 7:30 p.m.
Enter username and password