Hiring conditions in Spanish courses and programs
Read the terms and conditions as listed below before signing the application form.
This is a legal contract between both parties, yourself, the participant, and Instituto Hemingway. Instituto Hemingway Ltd. is a Limited Company listed on the Commercial Register of Vizcaya Volume 3892 Book 0 Page 201 Section 8 Leaf: BI-27633 with CIF: B95087375
Clicking on accept indicates that you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the contract.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL PROGRAMS
1. Enrolment and payment
For full enrolment in any of the programs, the participants must fill out and submit an enrolment form to Instituto Hemingway in the same way as an enrolment fee must be made of:
- For Spanish courses: students must make a payment of 150 euros to cover the enrolment fee and accommodation fee where it is being reserved
- For au-pairs: 60 euros
- All other programs: 100 euros
These pre-program payments are and under no circumstances will they be refundable.
Full payment of the program must be made:
- For Spanish courses: before the start of the program
- All other programs: upon confirming details of the work placement, volunteer placement, au-pair family or destination
Cancellations will only be accepted that are irrefutably expressed to us through the means of fax, email, letter or telegram:
- Spanish courses: cancellations will be effective only if we are informed of the decision at least 4 weeks before the course is due to commence and they will carry a 100 euro cancellation fee. In each case, those participants that notify us of a cancellation before the start of the course will be able to put the course on hold and undertake it within a period of up to a year afterwards.
- All other programs: cancellations will be effective only if we are informed of the decision at least 4 weeks before the course is due to commence and they will mean the loss of 50% of the paid-up price.
Cancellations are only accepted when made formally by fax, e-mail, by mail or telegram.
If a student withdraws from the program once it has begun, any payment previously made will not be refunded. Those participants undertaking the main Spanish course will be able to save what's left of their course and recommence within a period of up to a year afterwards.
Instituto Hemingway reserves the right to ask the participant to withdraw from the program for disciplinary reasons. This extreme step will mean the loss of all previous payments made by the participant.
5. Under 18
Those persons under 18 that participate in any of the programs must do so with consent from a parent or guardian who assume that Instituto Hemingway should inform them upon fixing timetables, activities and disciplinary actions to which their children or pupils will yield.
Instituto Hemingway cannot be held responsible for any injury, loss of time, money or other possessions that may affect the participant throughout their undertaking of the program. The participants must ensure that they have full medical and travel insurance. Instituto Hemingway can provide medical insurance upon the particpant's request.
The participants will be held personally responsible for any damage or liability occurred during the course of the program.
Participants acknowledge that international travel involves risks. Instituto Hemingway cannot be held responsible for the actions of persons not employed by the school.
Instituto Hemingway welcomes applications from students with disabilities and will do whatever we can to assist with your study abroad plans. Students with disabilities may find some of our program sites more accessible than others. Instituto Hemingway is happy to adapt the programs in order to cover your specific needs. Students must specify what support they require in order to be able to adjust certain installations, especially where accommodation is required.
10. Ways of signing up
Signing up to any of the programs can be done on our website at the web address www.institutohemingway.com by filling out the enrolment form. Instituto Hemingway will then proceed to confirm the enrolment, book the program and indicate the total price of the program. Following on, the participant must settle the payment of the program according to the conditions stated in point 1 of these general terms and conditions. The participants will be able to use any of the following forms of payment that are listed: cheque, bank transfer, card or cash.
11. Missed Classes
Instituto Hemingway cannot be held responsible for any of the classes that the student may not be able to attend. In the case that classes are missed because of illness or unforeseen circumstances of up to a week in duration, the student will be able to have the classes made up provided that the reason is well justified.
Instituto Hemingway stays closed on days that are national or local holidays. The student does not have the right to have the classes made up which are missed due to this reason although the student will be able to be booked on to excursions or other visits.
The classes are given in accordance with the timetables, number of students, levels and conditions that are published. Instituto Hemingway is obligated to comply with the specified conditions and in particular the maximum limit of students per class, the timetable and levels. Students will be able to ask for a change of program and level, although the decision about what is best for you is ultimately up to the teaching team.
Instituto Hemingway reserves the right to ask that the students/interns withdraw from the programme if the company/organization in which the internship is undertaken encounters unsolvable problems with the student. In the same way, the company/organization in which the student is placed reserves the right to ask the students/interns to withdraw from that particular placement for the above reason. In this instance, Instituto Hemingway is obliged to place the student in another company/organization with similar traits.
The intern can request a change of company/organization if for whatever reason they do not find themselves comfortable. Instituto Hemingway will provide an alternative in a maximum period of 2 weeks. Only one change of placement will be made per participant.
The intern will adhere to the rules of the country where the internship is being undertaken and will adapt to the local customs.
The intern will carry out their duties and obligations to the best of their ability. To sum up, they will adhere to the instructions given by the mentor of the company/organization at every moment.
The intern will pay for the transport costs to and from their country.
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER CAMP
The pupils' parents or guardians give permission under their guardianship that their children participate in the camp and the activities programmed. In every moment the students must adhere to the instructions set out by the organization regarding teachers, monitors and fellow camp members.
Specifically participants must:
- Abstain from changing from the assigned bedrooms
- Respect the furniture and belongings at the camp
- Not smoke or drink alcohol
- Avoid any kind of violent behaviour in the same way as they must not be in possession of sharp or dangerous objects
Au-Pair is a type of temporary work governed by the Council of Europe Agreement of November 24th, 1969, ratified by Belgium, Denmark, France, Federal Republic of Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, and Switzerland. Spain was incorporated on June 24th, 1988 (Official Government Bulletin, Number 214, 6th September, 1988). The Resolution of the Ministry of External Affairs of 15th June, 1989 in reference to the work of the Au-Pair was passed at a later date (Official Government Bulletin, Number 154, 27th June, 1989).
The following guidelines form the basis of expectations to be fulfilled upon, which will benefit all involved.
The Au-Pair´s Obligations
- Work five hours a day, five days a week
- Work 7-8 hours, 5 days a week in the Au-pair Master program
- Assist in the care of the children
- Baby sit one or two nights a week should the parents wish to go out
- Carry out simple household tasks
- Be clean and responsible for personal expenses such as: telephone, classes, insurance, and transportation
- Give two weeks notice in case of being unable to finish contract
The Host Family´s Obligations
- Treat the Au-Pair like an elder sister of the family
- Provide the Au-Pair with full-room and board, and a room of their own
- Pay the Au-Pair 50 Euros per week
- Allow the Au-Pair two days off per week
- Allow the Au-Pair to attend classes or other cultural activities
- Give two weeks notice in case of having to rescind the contract
Instituto Hemingway´s commitment
- Carefully screen Au-Pairs, as well as the host families
- Interview Au-Pairs and host families
- Do follow up on the relationship between the Au-Pair and the host family for the duration of the contract
- Provide support and orientation to the Au-Pair
- Serve as a link between the Au-Pairs and the host family, and mediate possible conflicts
- Provide the Au-Pair with a dossier on cultural, educational, health and other practical issues
The families and au-pairs are aware that to live together harmoniously requires complying to the family rules discovered over time and to make an effort to adapt to the ways and customs of each family. If the living conditions were not satisfactory for either party - the family or the au-pair - they will be able to request a change of family or au-pair, respectively. This change will be attended to by Instituto Hemingway within 15 days and will be the only change made.
The courses offered are developed through telecommunication; a Virtual classroom where the student has the necessary components for the development of the program, which have the following features:
1. The participant declares to know the Price, duration and the course services, which are published in the teaching guide for each course and on the website. Course fees must be paid in full before the course starts through the payment methods offered by Instituto Hemingway. Some courses allow payment by instalments in specifically expressed circumstances.
2. The participant declares to have received all the information concerning the conditions, course content and programming and has a period of 3 working days prior to which passwords are provided to withdraw from the contract, with the right to a full refund, without having to complete any forms, unless communicated in writing to Instituto Hemingway. After three working days a refund cannot be given.
3. In the teaching guide for each course; the contents, conditions and characteristics are detailed. The participant declares to know the content of the teaching guides. Each course is tutored by teachers with advanced or intermediate degrees in the subjects to be taught and / or professional experience in the relevant subjects. The tutors are responsible for explaining, correcting and evaluating the course content, practising and self assessing the exercises.
Instituto Hemingway will replace teachers when it is necessary, ensuring that they are also profesionally qualified. Any doubts or questions about the contents of the course can be made to the tutor or tutors through the virtual classroom. The maximum response time for questions and tutorials is 2 working days.
4. In the case of telephone tutoring via Skype or Google Talk, the tutor and the participant will agree on a specific time in which to undertake the tutoring, which will last for a minimum of one hour. Assuming that the tutoring could not be carried out due to the absence of the participant or technical problems, these are not attributable to Instituto Hemingway. This means that the tutoring will be held for an hour. If the participant wishes to cancel an appointment with the tutor, this should be expressed at least 24 hours in advance.
5. The virtual classroom can be accessed through a username and password. The password is personal and not transferable. If the password or username is lost or stolen, the user must immediately notify Institute Hemingway in order to prevent unauthorized changes and access. The participant is entitled to enter the virtual classroom until the educational programme has been completed; assuming that delays in its conclusion can lead to changes in the course content.
6. At the end of the course, the participant will be evaluated by the assigned tutors. If the evaluation is positive, then Instituto Hemingway will issue a diploma of achievement which will express in the contents of the course the hours and duration. A course registration certificate can be issued if the participant fails to pass the assessment of the course but only if requested by the participant.
7. The participants declare to posses or have access to a computer that is suitable for the telecommunication specifications and an internet connection that allows access to the virtual classroom and the tutorials via skype or Google talk. Likewise, they declare to have sufficient computer skills that allow access to the contents of each course and follow the proposed methodology.
8. In the virtual classroom where social interaction takes place, such as chat and Forums etc, participants can voice their opinions to maintain interactive communication with other participants. These conversations should be appropriate and respect other users and it is totally prohibited to cause discomfort to other participants, teachers or members of Instituto Hemingway, who have the right to remove any comments which are considered to be offensive. Instituto Hemingway is not responsible for the opinions, contents and other materials that the participants contribute to the Virtual Classroom.
9. The contents included in the courses are published by Instituto Hemingway and are updated periodically in order to guaranty that they are up-to-date. Total or partial reproduction of the edited contents remains prohibited. The intellectual property rights of the content of the web page and the graphic design are the property of the centre; therefore its reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation are prohibited, except for personal and private use. Likewise, it also prohibits the use of any method to disclose or duplicate the teaching methodology or technology for any purpose other than for personal or private use.
10. The participant promises not to engage in activities or access computer systems, which are unauthorised both at the centre as well as with third parties. Also, the participant should not engage in activities which have unauthorised access, alter or manipulate information, whether the information belongs to the centre or if it belongs to third parties.
Instituto Hemingway provides accommodation to those participants that put in a request for any of the types on offer, for which they must make a reservation at least 15 days before their arrival and await confirmation of the desired accommodation. Instituto Hemingway acts as a coordinator between the students and the property owners, making firm reservations and payments on behalf of you.
The participants will have the right to enjoy the accommodation at the price and within the conditions publicized, being able to prolong the stay given that they put in this request far enough in advance and always subject to availability.
Instituto Hemingway does not guarantee that refunds will be made for previous payment made if the student decides to leave the accommodation earlier than originally stated or change accommodation type.
Participants will be able to enjoy the accommodation subject to some basic rules which the property owner dictates or the families, in that case. Additionally, the enjoyment of the accommodation is subject to the rules that are set out here, according to accommodation type. Not complying with the rules will mean the removal of the participant's rights and to any previous payment made.
Instituto Hemingway recognizes that living together in a family requires some behavioral rules to be followed that are obligatory for the program stay. The participant must:
- Adapt to the way of life, timetables, customs. of the family
- Respect the families time to relax. Keep the silence at night time: avoid unnecessary noise, loud TV or music, showers. Not call the family after 11pm apart from in an emergency
- To be tidy in the house: keep tidy personal clothes, make the bed, clear your place at the dinner table after having finished eating.
- To look after the utensils, furniture and household items
- To not use the family's personal items without their consent: towels, brushes, combs, soap, shampoo.
- To be conscious of the fact that water is expensive and it is for this reason that it is recommendable not to spend too much time in the shower
- To have consideration for the family and not to worry them unnecessarily. To always communicate to the family exceptional situations such as trips or sleeping out of the house
- Not to use the family phone to make calls
- In the case of you being under 18 years old, to respect the timetables as set by each family for arriving home and participating in the outings and activities that are planned
Instituto Hemingway is obligated to attend to requests for changing family that are made by the participants that will be effective from after a period of no more than 7 days. This option is only available to students once.
Instituto Hemingway recognizes that living together in an apartment requires some behavioral rules to be followed that are obligatory for the program stay. The participant must:
- Respect the opinions and characters of other flat mates
- Respect others' relaxation time. Stay quiet at night time: avoid unnecessary noise, loud music and TV, showers.
- Avoid noise and behavioral conduct that might annoy neighbors in the building
- Be tidy in the house: pick up your clothes, make you bed, take away your plate when you leave the dinner table, wash-up and dry-up, and clean the bathroom
- Avoid under any circumstances having parties and other events
- Limit the number and frequency of guests so as to avoid that they may cause annoyance to the rest of your flat mates. Under no circumstances may any visitor stay in the flat for more than one night.
- Look after the utensils, furniture and other objects in the flat
- Not smoke in the communal areas of the flat
- Be conscious of the fact that water is expensive in Spain and so try not spend too much time in the shower
- Allow Instituto Hemingway staff to enter into the flat in order to carry out basic maintenance work and inspections
The participants must abide by the rules set out by the residence which are a compulsory part of the program stay. The rules can be seen at: http://www.resa.es
In fulfillment of the regulations in force on the subject of personal data protection, the user is informed of the existence of an automated file, which is the property of Instituto Hemingway, with personal details that we may have been provided with during the course of your navigating our website, when intending to arrange your course request.
The user will have to complete the forms with true, exact, full and up-to-date details, with the management reserving the right to not provide their services to those users registered under false details, without harming any legal action that could proceed.
Instituto Hemingway is obliged to comply with the obligation of safe-keeping files, and will adopt the necessary steps in order to avoid disturbance, loss, treatment or unauthorized access, taking into account at every moment the current state of technology.
In the case that the transfer of details to other bodies may be considered suitable, the user will be explicitly informed of the intention for the file, of the transferred details and the name and address of the transferee, so that they may give their irrefutable consent to that respect.
Finally, Instituto Hemingway informs you about the possibility of exercising your access rights through a written request directed to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Instituto Hemingway., C/Bailén 5 -2 dcha 48003, Bilbao (Spain): in the request the user's name(s) and surnames(s), proof of address and a photocopy of a national identity card or passport must be made clear. In the case of representation it must be accredited by a reliable source.
The personal details that are supplied to us will go on to form part of an automated file that is the property of Instituto Hemingway.
The user authorizes the treatment of their personal details that they have voluntarily submitted in order to be able to provide the entrusted services, and gives their express consent to receive information that publicises our new services and offers, by any means, including email.
Likewise the user gives their consent for Instituto Hemingway to transfer their details to associates and collaborating companies, such as with those other businesses or physical or legal persons agreements are arranged to provide a better delivery of service, respecting the Spanish legislation about data protection.
In any case, you are able to exercise your access, correction, cancellation or opposition of agreement rights according to the 15/1999 Act of Personal Data Protection, personally directing your request by email to email@example.com or via a written request to Instituto Hemingway., C/Bailén 5-2 dcha 48003, Bilbao (Spain).
Prices include all taxes.
Prices are given in Euros.
Prices are valid except in cases where typing errors are made.
Instituto Hemingway reserves the right to modify its prices.
Discount on early payments: There is a 5% discount (except enrollment and accommodation) on payments made at least 8 weeks before the start of the program.
Prices and conditions
- Cultural and leisure activities on public holidays in Bilbao: 25th and 31th of july
- International wine tasting with spanish courses on the 26th of july
- Enjoy the gastronomy with your Spanish course in Bilbao
- Siele in Bilbao:
- Wine Tasting next 11 of july 2017 with spanish courses
- Spanish Courses for teenagers at a good price