The fantastic nature of the Basque Country and spanish classes
The Basque Country is not only well known for its cultural inheritance and unique language, but also for its great nature. By coming here, you have many possibilities to hike through beautiful green landscapes and enjoy the idyllic views near the coast or in the mountains.
One of the main reasons why people come to the Basque Country is the new Camino de Santiago which leads to many important Basque sights. You can start your journey in San Sebastián (Donosti). The city includes the beach la Concha with white and fine sand and is located between Monte Igeldo, from which you have a perfect view over the city, and the gardens of the Miramar palace.
Continuing your trip along the new trail, you will see touristic places that have been made famous with the series Game of Thrones. For example Zumaia with its breathtaking cliffs and San Juan de Gastelugatxe with its unique stone bridge that leads to an island with a small church. Moreover, you have the best surf possibilities in places like Zarautz, Mundaka and Sopela. By passing through the city of Bilbao, you can make a detour to the Bosque de Oma where colourful trees, created by artist Augustín Ibarrola, can be found. Right next to it are the Santimamiñe caves with paintings from the Middle Paleolithic to the Iron Age.
Lastly, to enjoy typical Basque cider and food, you can reserve your place in one of the cider farms near Bilbao in the spring time and experience the traditional life.
If you want to visit the basque country and learn spanish, Hemingway Institute is the place for you.
- Wine tasting with the Spanish courses in Bilbao: May 21, 2019 tempranillo and ecological
- Free activities may 2019 with Spanish courses
- International wine tasting with spanish courses in Bilbao: On the 7th may
- 20 years of Spanish courses in Bilbao: the video of our anniversary
- Have a look at our new video from our Spanish school in Bilbao
- Our Spanish students visit Arriaga Theatre to see an Spanish opera Zarzuela
Enter username and password