Christmas has arrived to the Spanish courses, cava tasting, turron and many other things on the 19th
Christmas arrives at the Institute of Hemingway. On the 19th of December 2018, we have a programmed a cava and turrón tasting day, where we can learn about tasting different types of cava and wine while celebrating the start of Christmas.
All of our students from the Spanish courses, are invited to come and participate in our activity that will initially take part at 19:00 in the Institute.
Cava is a sparkly type of wine that is produced following the method of Champagne. Cava is only produced in a few regions in Spain.
In this occasion we will be trying 3 different types of cava, Brut and Brut Nature. The challenge is to see and try to describe the cava and select the best option amongst other cavas:
- Jaume serra Brut. cava that is produced and made from typical varieties, Macabeo, Xarelo and Parellada. A wine that is pale yellow with green tones. Shinny from the abundant bubbles and the small size they are. With good intense aroma. In the mouth it´s silky, alive and balanced.
- and Nubiola Brut Nature. cava brut which is very special, with a very moderate breeding which smoothens the components of reduction and confers the grand majority of the amount of principal aromas, In between the one where the critics stand out and the apple ones. In the mouth it is fresh and balanced. In a wide way which is retronasal.
- Cordorniu classic Brut Nature.A cava that is pale yellow, shinny, fine and has persistent bubbles. Fresh and delicate with an elegant floral aroma with apple nuances and toasted almonds.
And we will accompany the cava with a selection of turrón. Turrón is a typical Christmas dessert elaborated and made from almonds and honey. Present in all Spanish households this time of the year.
We will be waiting for all of the students from the Spanish courses on the 19th of December of 2018 at 19:00.
- The students of the Spanish course get to know the Ernest Hemingway route
- Bilbao: ecological destination with little environmental impact
- Wine tasting of Spanish and French wines!
- Guernica city: what you need to see!
- Enjoy some Spanish courses and big festivals in Bilbao
- Nationality test
Enter username and password