The students of the Spanish courses can see the best divers of the world in Bilbao!
They will jump in the water of Bilbao’s estuary from a platform in 27 metres height, that’s for the men, and the women will jump from 21 metres, which will be located on the La Salve bridge, next to the Guggenheim Museum. According to the organizers, in these World Series the divers reach 85 km/h in the fall and take about 3 seconds to get to the water.
Bilbao is the last stop of the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series. In 2018, more than 25,000 people attended the event, living it on both banks of the estuary and in their own boats. The training will take place on Thursday, day 12, at a time to be yet confirmed. The next day will be the first day of competition, with the first rounds being held from 16.30 to 18.15 hours.
Saturday 14th will be the second day of competition, with the final rounds from 16.30 to 19.15.
So, if any of our students do not have any plan for this weekend, you can enjoy the jumps of these professionals.
- New Wine Tasting: Garnacha! Activity with the Spanish courses
- New activities at Instituto Hemingway in November
- UMCOMING: Wine Tasting on the 5th November with our Spanish course
- UMCOMING: Egypt in Bilbao on Tuesday 12th November
- UPCOMING: On Friday 1st November, Instituto Hemingway offers a very special activity
- A young student from England on why you should study spanish in Spain
Enter username and password