Wine tasting in Bilbao with our Spanish courses: 23rd May 2017
Next Tuesday 23rd May at 19:00 we have organised another free wine tasting session for all students, teachers and friends that would like to come along.
If you are visiting Bilbao as a tourist, you can get in touch with us and reserve a place in order to learn more things about wine.
On this occasion we will be trying three red wines all from different areas in Spain.
These are the wines we will be sampling:
- Pata Negra, 2013, D.O. Rioja: An elaborate wine from the Tempranillo grape variety, with a powerful, clean and glowing red colour and violet borders. It has the aromas of red and black fruits accompanied with frank yet subtle balsamic smells with slight hints of oak.
- Rottlan Torra 2012, 40% Garnatxa 40% Samsó 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, D.O.Priorat: a garnet coloured wine with violet borders and fresh flavours. It has aromas of toasted, red fruits. Furthermore, there are hints of vanilla, liquorice and minerals that are perfectly balanced with the red fruity smell.
- Valdelares 2011, D.O. Navarra: this last wine is supplied by a small, friendly winery. The wine we will be trying is an intense cherry red colour with a garnet rim. It has a concentrated and potent aroma of dark, toasted fruits. Upon trying it, it is a complex, full, concentrated wine with hints of ripe currants. Overall it is very tasty.
Our wine tasting is a cultural activity directed, especially, at students of our Spanish courses and to all other students, staff and friends of the school.
The objective of our wine tasting is to see the difference between wines, grapes and to learn how to sample them. It will be a new opportunity to learn Spanish, new words, and above all various things about wine.
Make the most of your stay in Bilbao! On the 23rd May we look forward to seeing you and enjoying these three excellent wines.
- Spanish courses in Bilbao and tasting of cavas and turrones on January 22 2018
- Face-to-face Spanish teacher training course in Bilbao: February March 2018; registration open now
- The final of Rugby in Bilbao with a Spanish course
- Free cultural activities with the Spanish courses in Bilbao: January 2018
- SIELE Certificates of Spanish: certify your level to enter Spanish universities
- Spanish teachers: conversation assistants announcement 2018-2019
Enter username and password