Concert at the Bilbao Philharmonic Society
Next Saturday, November 21, at 7:00 p.m., the students of the Hemingway Institute will be able to visit the Philharmonic Society Theatre and enjoy a concert organized by the Bilbao City Council, in which the Bilbao-born flamenco singer Juanjo Navas will present his latest album.
“Digo Vivir” is dedicated to the poet Blas de Otero and has been produced with the collaboration of the Blas de Otero Foundation, one of the most important voices of the 20th century Spanish lyric.
Navas will be accompanied by Marco Borge (guitar), Curro Bermejo (guitar), Lidia de Lorenzo (clapping and dancing), Jose Manuel Palacios (clapping), Kike Mora (electric bass) and Darío Campos (percussion).
The Bilbao-born flamenco singer Juanjo Navas, the best current flamenco performer in the north considered by the critics, brings Blas de Otero's poems to life with the most classic flamenco songs.
The title of the album is the text with which Blas de Otero closed the collection of poems "Redoble de conciencia" in 1951, and through the voice of Juanjo Navas it becomes an invitation to overcome the difficulties of this time uncertainties and the pandemic.
If you like Spanish Flamenco Music, or simply want to have a good time, come along on November 21!
- Celebrating the success of past Instituto Hemingway student, Daiki Niwa
- Intensive Spanish courses at unbeatable prices in Spain
- Nationality Exam Masterclass
- Upcoming cultural activities this May for students at Instituto Hemingway
- Reasons to sign up for a Spanish course with us
- Learn Spanish and Flamenco at the same time in Bilbao!
Enter username and password